I think of words often. What they mean. Why they mean what they mean. How easily we disregard their meaning. How recklessly we use them. And how we lose each other in communication when we don't know what words really mean. So the word that comes to mind today, is one I am particularly fond of:
* - The combination of simultaneous musical notes in a chord.
- The structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords.
- The science of the structure, relation, and progression of chords.
* - Pleasing arrangement of parts: Congruence.
- Agreement, Accord.
- Internal calm: Tranquility.
* - An interweaving of different accounts into a single narrative.
- A systematic arrangement of parallel literary passages (as of the Gospels) for the purpose of showing agreement or harmony.
Why do I love this word? Well, first because it has multiple meanings, and I am a multi tasker and a fan of efficiency. Second because it relates to music which is a language beyond words. Third because it is a state that is incredibly fleeting and yet so precious, that I want to invite more and more to my life. To be in the beautiful state of harmony with myself, with others, as I move through my life, in a state of tranquility, interweaving the musical notes of my life and make its authentic melody. Not sure how to to say it, but Harmony sums it up pretty darn well.
In April 2020, while experiencing her first ever global pandemic, Tamar Pelzig pledged to write something every day, even if it's only a word, so she welcomed to the world a daily blog to keep her creative writing wheels rolling.
Header Art: Daniel Landerman